You have two options when it comes to uploading a file in Box.
1. Install Box Drive. Save the file the same way you would any other file on your computer.
2. Save the file in Box's online interface.
Here are instructions for saving a file in Box's online interface.
Option 1: Drag and Drop
1. Select the folder you want to add the file to and open it. You must have the folder open before you can upload the file. If you don't have the folder open, you will need to move the file into the correct folder later. (Find instructions on moving items in Box here.)
2. Click on the item you want to upload and drag it from your desktop, folder, etc. to your Box screen.
This image will appear the first time you upload something to an empty folder.
If your folder already has items in it, a gray bar will appear at the bottom of your screen saying to "Drop files on this page to upload them to this folder". It will tell you the file is uploading and then complete.
Pop up bars will appear at the top of the page to let you know the status of your upload. If there was a problem uploading your file, it will tell you that in the pop up bars.
Option 2: Search for items on your computer
1. You will find the upload button in the top right corner of your screen.
2. Click on the Upload button. Select a file or folder and navigate to the file/folder you want to upload.
3. Pop up bars will appear at the top of the page to let you know the status of your upload. If there was a problem uploading your file, it will tell you that in the pop up bars.
1. Click on the "New" button on the top right side of your screen.
2. Select "Folder" from the drop down menu.
3. Type in the name of the folder. If you want to invite people to collaborate with you on the contents of the folder, type their email addresses into the "Invite People" bar.
4. Please note that the default for sharing items in Box is "Editor", which gives a collaborator full read/write privileges. If you are unfamiliar with what that means and the variety of sharing options available, please read the "Sharing" tab before sharing your work. Make special note of Box's "Waterfall Permissions."
Earlham College • 801 National Road West • Richmond, Indiana 47374-4095