Skip to Main Content
ESR & Bethany Resources
Friends Collection & College Archives
Facilities & Services
Set up Attendance
To set up attendance, do the following:
Be aware that you can keep track of attendance in your class by using Moodle. This can help students see how their attendance is affecting their grade.
- In the top right corner of your course, click turn editing on.
- Click add an activity or resource and choose attendance.
- Ignore the attendance settings for now, and click save and display.
- Next, you will see several tabs, including sessions, add session, report, export, set status, and temporary users.
- Begin with status set tab to designate your scale and marks. Present, late, excused, and absent are the default options. You can assign different point values for each category.
- Next click add sessions tab.
- Set the start date and time. If your class meets regularly at the same time (e.g.: Mon/Thu 9:00-9:50am), under multiple sessions select repeat the session above as follows. Choose the day(s) of week and an end date.
- Click add. After this, you can delete any dates (for Spring Break, holidays, etc) under sessions.
- Click update.
- When you're ready to take attendance for a session, go to the sessions tab to choose the students and/or group you want to update. Click the green circle next to the listing. Click save.
Earlham College • 801 National Road West • Richmond, Indiana 47374-4095