Skip to Main Content
Banner Image
ESR & Bethany Resources
Friends Collection & College Archives
Facilities & Services
Library Home

Drones and UAVs

Specifics about flying drones

Do not need a Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate. It is not FAA airspace. Do not need a Remote Pilot License if you are flying for recreational purpose. Be aware about recreational limitations and spaces you can fly in.
Example of indoor spaces: gyms, tall buildings, wedding areas inside, library, theatre,  Need a Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate if UAV is used in research, and certain educational purposes. It seems to be a gray area. Check local laws and regulations.
Indoor Safety guidelines from Princeton (link)  

We STRONGLY recommend that you read through the following FOUR subsections of this page: (1) Training & Tutorials; (2) B4U Fly a Drone; and (3) VFR Sectional Charts (See sub-menu items in the TOOLBAR to your <-----LEFT)

STC Educational Research Drone SPECS

EC STC Drone/ UAV/ Quad-copter Model: DJI Phantom Pro 4 plus
Accessories: 4 batteries; remote control w/ screen, pelican case; 8 blades; blade protectors, battery & remote charger; landing pad; extra microSD card; cleaning cloth; 4 protection caps for rotors; microSD USB reader
Programs installed in Remote: Litchi; DJI Navigation System

Earlham College • 801 National Road West • Richmond, Indiana 47374-4095