Skip to main content
WeVideo Basics - Powerful, Easy Online Video Editing
1. Account Basics
- Create a free account at www.wevideo.com. You can use, for example, your Facebook or Google credentials.
- After you've created a free account, you can upgrade to an Earlham account with special features.
- You'll be given an upgrade code by your faculty member.
- Or you can request a code from a librarian.
- Whatever route you take to get the code, enter it on your account page to obtain the Earlham license.
- If you plan to create a photo story and you want to use photos from the web, be sure to obtain high-resolution images with the "advanced search" image size search setting in Google Images. Wikimedia Commons and other image repositories have similar ways to limit your search to high-resolution assets.
2. Editing Basics: Short Online How-To Videos
- Upload and organize media in your account (images, clips, sounds)
- Drag/drop media on the "timeline" (where you make audio/video tracks)
- Add text (titles, subtitles, etc.)
- Record a spoken voiceover/spoken narration
- Add music (upload/import, or select from a great selection of royalty-free WeVideo tracks)
- Adjust audio levels via simple sound editing
- Add animations (movement) to a photo story/photos
- Create an entire photo story with still images, sounds, titles, etc.
- Need more?
3. All Finished?
- Publish and share your video
Subjects:2017 Spring Semester Courses
, 2018 Fall Semester Courses
, Ancient & Classical Studies
, Chinese Studies
, Comparative Languages & Linguistics (CLL)
, ELL - English Language Learning
, Film Studies
, French & Francophone Studies
, German & German Studies
, Japanese Studies
, Latin American Studies
, Medieval Studies
, Peace & Global Studies
, Spanish & Hispanic Studies
Earlham College • 801 National Road West • Richmond, Indiana 47374-4095