Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Writing Center Can Help
Good posters are concise!
Writing Center peer consultants help with every stage of the writing process, including brainstorming, organizing, drafting, and revising.
Peer writing consultants are available Sunday through Thursday 7 PM - 10 PM with extended hours on Sunday from 2 PM - 5 PM.
You can make an appointment using the online scheduler: http://earlham.mywconline.com
Writing Center Home
Editing your Text
A few tips for your poster text:
- Use bullets when possible to make key issues stand out. Keep them parallel.
- Use active voice. Strong, active verbs cut to the chase and eliminate extra verbiage.
- Be precise. Don’t bother with vague modifiers; search for adjectives that express exactly what you mean.
- Place important info at top and up front.
- Label images and charts clearly so you don’t have to explain them in the text.
Earlham College • 801 National Road West • Richmond, Indiana 47374-4095