Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
WeVideo Basics - Powerful, Easy Online Video Editing
1. Account Basics
- Create a free account at www.wevideo.com. You can use your Facebook credentials, your Google credentials, or your Earlham account..
- After you've created a free account, you can upgrade to an Earlham account with special features.
- You'll be given an access code by your faculty member OR request a code from a librarian.
- Click apply code on your account page to obtain the Earlham license.
- If you plan to create a photo story and you want to use photos from the web, be sure to obtain high-resolution images with the "advanced search" image size search setting in Google Images. Wikimedia Commons and other image repositories have similar ways to limit your search to high-resolution assets.
2. Editing Basics: Short Online How-To Videos
- Upload and organize media in your account (images, clips, sounds).
- Drag and drop media on the "timeline" (where you make audio/video tracks).
- Add text (titles, subtitles, etc.).
- Record a spoken voiceover/spoken narration.
- Add music (upload/import, or select from a great selection of royalty-free WeVideo tracks).
- Adjust audio levels via simple sound editing.
- Add animations (movement) to a photo story/photos.
- Create an entire photo story with still images, sounds, titles, etc..
- Need more?
3. All Finished?
- Publish and share your video.
Earlham College • 801 National Road West • Richmond, Indiana 47374-4095