Skip to main content
When you are searching our catalog or WorldCat "historiography" is a useful search term because it is used in Library of Congress Subject Headings.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Historiography.
- Women -- Historiography.
- Historiography -- United States.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1783-1865 -- Historiography.
Covers the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada), focusing on the 15th century forward. The standard history indexing tool for over 50 years, now including abstracts from more than 2,600 journals.
America: History and Life
The definitive index of literature covering the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from pre-history to the present. Indexes over 1,700 journals dating back as far as 1910. Allows for searching by historical time period, a major advantage given the extensive range of its coverage.
Full text of hundreds of scholarly journals in all disciplines dating back to the 1700s.
Academic Search Premier
Comprehensive index to scholarly journals and general periodicals in all subject and interdisciplinary areas, including full text. Coverage prior to 1990 is sparse.
Add Earlham College under "Library Links" (within Settings) to access content within library database subscriptions. Google Scholar can also be used for citation searching - look for the "Cited By" link beneath the description of the article/item.
Hi, I'm Amy!
Subjects:2017 Spring Semester Courses
, 2018 Fall Semester Courses
, African & African American Studies (AAAS)
, Chinese Studies
, Global Management
, Museum Studies
, Theatre Arts
, Women's, Gender, Sexuality Studies
Finding Known Articles
Steps for finding items listed in bibliographies
- Locate a bibliographic citation. Look at the list of sources in subject encyclopedias and bibliographies.
- Check to see if we have local access to the item or can obtain through interlibrary loan.
"Find It @ Earlham Libraries" can help determine if articles are in databases and also can facilitate searching for books in our library catalog.
- Request items through interlibrary loan or use the links in WorldCat and databases to place ILL requests.
Earlham College • 801 National Road West • Richmond, Indiana 47374-4095