When visiting websites on the internet for worship resources, consider these questions:
- Is the site sponsored by a denomination? Is it someone's personal blog?
- What does the URL (web address) suggest about the site's ownership?
- Does the site belong to an educational institution, e.g. a seminary?
- Is the site currently updated?
- Is the site commercial (displays ads trying to sell you something?)
- What sources does the site use and identify for its information?
- What links to other sites does the site provide?
- Does the site provide contact information for its organization?
- Does the site attempt to gather your personal information by requiring a "free account"?