Skip to main content
An international bibliography of museological literature.
Provided by Canadian Heritage Society.
Try limiting to the History, Art & Art History, and Education categories
Academic Search Premier
Comprehensive index to scholarly journals and general periodicals in all subject and interdisciplinary areas, including full text. Coverage prior to 1990 is sparse.
Art & Architecture Complete
Full-text coverage of more than 370 periodicals and more than 220 books dating from the present to 1937. Includes a collection of over 63,000 images.
ERIC - Educational Resources Information Center
Indexes and abstracts articles, books, theses, conference proceedings, and unpublished papers in education, 1966 to present.
General Science Abstracts
Especially helpful for research on science museums and specimens.
Covers the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada), focusing on the 15th century forward. The standard history indexing tool for over 50 years, now including abstracts from more than 2,600 journals.
America: History and Life
The definitive index of literature covering the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from pre-history to the present. Indexes over 1,700 journals dating back as far as 1910. Allows for searching by historical time period, a major advantage given the extensive range of its coverage.
Finding Known Articles
Finding articles from BMUSE and other citations
- Determine if the source is a book or an article in a journal. Some clues:
- Does it have volume and/or issue numbers? Does the date include a month? Then it's most likely from a journal.
- Is a publisher and/or place of publication included in the citation? Then it is probably from a book.
- Check to see if we have local access to the item or can obtain through interlibrary loan.
What if we don't own it? Request it from another through interlibrary loan. Log into Illiad to create the request or use the Interlibrary Loan links in WorldCat and article databases. Interlibrary Loan is free for students!
- Book: Search WorldCat . It will tell you if Earlham or any other libraries own the item.
- Journals: Search "Find It @ Earlham Libraries" It can determine if we have access to a journal.
Catalog of Government Publications - CGP
Search all types of Government Publications, including those regarding museums. Includes operating reports for many US government sponsored museums and other general publications.
Select Individual Journal Titles
Earlham College • 801 National Road West • Richmond, Indiana 47374-4095