1. Choose your topic - in this case, which country will you be researching?
2. Gather background information. Use sources listed on this guide or try the Reference tab on the library homepage.
3. Gather more specific information. Use the articles databases, news sources, or credible online sites.
4. Start creating an outline. This really helps.
5. Use your outline to write a draft of your paper. Remember to ask the Writing Center for help (in Lilly Library).
6. Cite your sources as you go - not at the last minute! Librarians can help with this step, too. :)
7. Proofread and revise.
To evaluate the credibility of a website source, consider the
Accuracy and Verifiability of Details
The Publishing Body
Point of View Bias
Referral to and/or Knowledge of the Literature
Earlham College • 801 National Road West • Richmond, Indiana 47374-4095