Skip to main content
Covers the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada), focusing on the 15th century forward. The standard history indexing tool for over 50 years, now including abstracts from more than 2,600 journals.
Full text of hundreds of scholarly journals in all disciplines dating back to the 1700s.
Informe Académico (Spanish-language articles)
Full text of Spanish-language and bilingual periodicals — including popular titles such as Actual, Latina, Siempre!, and El Nuevo Herald. A Spanish-language interface is also available. Coverage is 1996 to present.
Academic Search Premier
Comprehensive index to scholarly journals and general periodicals in all subject and interdisciplinary areas, including full text. Coverage prior to 1990 is sparse.
Handbook of Latin American Studies
An authoritative bibliography on Latin America consisting of works selected and annotated by scholars, 1935 to present.
Finding Known Articles
Finding articles from the Handbook of Latin American Studies and citation sources
Determine if the source is a book or an article in a journal. Some clues:
- Does it have volume and/or issue numbers? Does the date include a month? Then it's most likely from a journal.
- Is a publisher and/or place of publication included in the citation? Then it is probably from a book.
Check to see if we have local access to the item or can obtain through interlibrary loan.
- Book: Search Earlham Library catalog. It will tell you if Earlham or any other libraries own the item.
- Journals: Search "Find It @ Earlham Libraries" It can determine if we have access to a journal.
- What if we don't own it? Request it from another through interlibrary loan. Log into Illiad to create the request or use the Interlibrary Loan links in WorldCat and article databases. Interlibrary Loan is free for students!
Associate Library Director
Subjects:2017 Fall Semester Courses
, 2017 Spring Semester Courses
, 2018 Fall Semester Courses
, African & African American Studies (AAAS)
, Chinese Studies
, Global Management
, Museum Studies
, Theatre Arts
, Women's, Gender, Sexuality Studies
Earlham College • 801 National Road West • Richmond, Indiana 47374-4095